Here is a list of 15 great family movies that are not listed in any ranked order. Every movie here is entertaining for both children and adults.
1. Despicable Me- An awesome film starring Steve Carell in the lead role. Very funny and very well done.
2. Rio- A great cast with great music. A good balance of silly humor and feel good moments.
3. Fantastic Mr.Fox- is a delight for the eyes with a multi-generational appeal. Starring an A-lister cast. Very funny!
4. The Adventures of Tin Tin- Drawing deep from the classic Raiders of the Lost Ark story this is an awesome adventure film with light humor and classic Tin Tin moments.
5. The War- This movie is warm, touching, and funny at the same time. Another great Kevin Costner film!
6. Rango- This is a smart and creative movie with beautiful animation. Johnny Depp gives an array of vocal performances. This movie made me laugh continuously through out!
7. Big Fish- A charming father-and-son tale filled with a typical Tim Burton feel. A great fantasy story to get lost in.
8. Kiki’s Delivery Service- This is a gorgeously rendered tale of a young witch discovering her place in the world. Directed by Hayao Miyazaki, one of Japan’s most beloved animators. One of my favorites, a must see!
9. My Neighbor Totoro- This amazing animated children’s tale directed by Hayao Miyazaki, Is a heartwarming, sentimental masterpiece that captures the simple grace of childhood. Another beautiful must see film.
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid- These are great movies based on the best selling book series. All three that are out now are great! I suggest you watch all them in order. Very funny!
11. Harry Potter series- These great films do not need much introduction. From the first movie to the last, this series I have watched over 20 times. Absolutely wonderful! If you have not seen them or have only seen a few. I highly suggest to watch them all in order.
12. Wreck-it Ralph- One word, Awesome! I loved this movie a lot. It’s no wonder it got nominated for an Oscar this year. Equally entertaining for both kids and parents old enough to catch the references. A must see!!
13. Jurassic Park 1- A movie I consider to be a family film. Maybe a little too scary for the little kids but my boys enjoy watching scary movies. I think this is just enough scary with not many inappropriate moments. Perfect for a dark stormy night!
14. Finding Nemo- This is a stunning underwater adventure, with great characters. This movie is filled with humor and heartfelt emotion. I loved this movie when it came out and consider it a classic. If you haven’t seen this film it is a definite must see!
15. Big- Sweet and undeniably funny. This is a great story of a 13 year old boy wishing to be an adult. Great job by Tom Hanks in the lead role. A few PG moments but over all great for all ages!
I hope you have found a few ideas on movies you didn’t know about or have forgotten. Remember all these are opinions of mine and are not listed in any ranked order!